Rules & General Information
- All athletes must be amateurs as defined under Athletics South Africa rules, and not be under the stipulated ages as indicated.
- All entrants will participate under the rules of AGN and ASA and it is the athlete's responsibility to be familiar with the rules.
- Age restrictions:
- Minimum age of 10 years on the day of the race for 10 km
- Minimum age of 16 years on the day of the race for 21.1 km
- Marshals and Traffic Officers must be obeyed at all times – failure to comply with their instructions may lead to immediate disqualification.
- No seconding will be allowed.
- Sufficient refreshment stations will be available.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that he/she is medically fit and healthy to participate in any of the events.
- The race committee reserves the right to accept or reject any entry.
- Proof of age must be produced if requested by the race referee.
- No iPods or any other audio devices are allowed. (IAAF & ASA Ruling).
- Free entry for wheelchair and blind athletes
- No animals allowed.
- Medical support will be present on race day.
- All entrants must be in possession of a valid 2016 license number.
- Athletes must wear BOTH the official race number on front and the 2016 ASA license number on the back of the running vest.
- Athletes competing for category prizes MUST wear official age category ID tags on the front and back of the running vest.
- Walkers competing for prize money must wear WALKER/W tags on the front and back of their vest.
- Foreign athletes must comply with IAAF Rule 4 paragraph 2 regarding the handing over of their permits to the Race Organisers.
- All unlicensed athletes participating in the 21.1 km and 10km events must purchase a temporary license number
- The temporary license must be worn on the back of the running vest and the race number on the front.
- Entry fee is not refundable.
- Please do not discard water sachets/cups in gardens or drains. Please drop them in the bins provided or directly on the road.
- Toilets will be available at every water point.
- Race results will be published within five working days at www.raceresults.co.za and www.runandwalkforbibles.co.za
Prize Money & Medals
|CATEGORY||21.1 km||10 km|
|1st Open||R 300||R 150|
|2nd Open||R 200||R 100|
|3rd Open||R 150||R 75|
|1st Veteran||R 150||R 75|
|1st Master||R 150||R 75|
|1st G. Master||R 150||R 75|
|1st GG. Master||R 150||R 75|
|80+||R 150||R 75|
|1st Junior||R 150||R 75|
Cash prizes will be awarded by the organisers and additional vouchers to each winner issued as awards by Sportsman Warehouse.